The Town of Bowdoinham is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Finance Director.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises and is responsible for the collection of all monies.
- Supervises and is responsible for the disbursement of all monies, including payroll, and for monitoring expenditures and revenues.
- Reconciles tax collections to general & subsidiary ledgers.
- Forecasts monies available for investment purposes, checks for best rates and makes investment recommendations to the Town Manager.
- Assists in preparing and managing the Town budget.
- Oversees the maintenance of bank statements for the payroll, general & reserve funds.
- Supervises daily preparation of bank deposits and cash-ups.
- Prepares and distributes payroll biweekly.
- Generates yearly tax information such as W2’s, prepares any necessary quarterly or yearly tax information.
Desirable Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited college or university. Experience in public/business administration, accounting or financial management. One or more years’ experience in work involving maintaining and preparing records. One of more years’ experience working in municipal government (desirable).
For further information contact Town Manager Thomas Woodin at 207-666-5531 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered for this position interested candidates must submit cover letter, resume, and professional references to the Town Manager. Applications can be dropped off at 13 School Street or emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the Town of Bowdoinham, 13 School Street, Bowdoinham, Maine 04008.
The Town of Bowdoinham is an equal opportunity employer. The Town of Bowdoinham reserves the right to accept or reject any and all applications.