Contact: Pamela Ross
Phone: 207 666-5531
The Town of Bowdoinham has their Municipal / State Election on the first Tuesday, following the first Monday, in the month of November.
You may request an Absentee Ballot anytime (see instructions below). Absentee Ballots are scheduled to go out the first week of October.
Residents may register to vote during regular business hours or make changes to current voting information such as change of name, address or party affiliation. You may register to vote on Election Day as well.
Un-enrolled voters may enroll at any time, including Election Day.
Voters must remain in the party for 3 months before the voter can file an application for either a withdrawal or a change of enrollment.
There is a 15-day waiting period for a voter who withdraws from a party.
The State Law permits absentee ballots to be cast at any election by any voter who property requests one.
There are 5 ways to request an absentee ballot:
- In-person at the Town Clerk’s Office during regular business hours.
- Electronically - Click here
- Mail – call the Town Clerk at 666-5531.
- Immediate Family Member – must fill out an application at the Clerk’s Office.
- 3rd Person – application required. Call the Town Clerk at 666-5531 or stop by the Town Clerk’s Office. Ballots cast using this method must be witnessed by either the Town Clerk, Notary Public, or Clerk of Courts, or by two other witnesses.
For an electronic absentee ballot:
For an electronic absentee ballot: https://www1.maine.gov/cgi-bin/online/AbsenteeBallot/index.pl
Federal and State Voter Information Look Up: http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/elec/voter-info/index.html
State of Maine Election Laws: http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/statutes/21-A/title21-Ach0sec0.html
Notary Public and Dedimus Justices in Maine https://www1.maine.gov/cgi-bin/online/notary/search/search_index.pl