The Age Friendly Bowdoinham Committee is the formal expression for a much broader movement in Town to advocate for making Bowdoinham a wonderful place to live for people of ALL ages.
If you have interest in the work we are doing or have ideas of your own about how to make Bowdoinham a place where residents want to grow old, there are many ways you can get involved.
- Become a member of the Age Friendly Bowdoinham Committee. We meet monthly every second Monday of the month from 1:30 – 3:30pm. Your commitment is to attend monthly meetings, read relevant meeting materials and do any follow-up actions that you VOLUNTEERED to do.
- Volunteer to work on a Committee project. We get it. Not everyone wants to make a long-term commitment. But if we are working on a project of interest to you, we want to hear from you. Such as:
- Volunteer to help out with a luncheon
- Become a volunteer driver with Rides in Neighbors’ Cars
- Assist in developing accessibility guidance for the Town
- Work on outreach to at-risk residents
- Join the Task Force to develop our next 3-year Action Plan
- Help write grants to fund ideas
- Share an idea to help improve the lives of older residents. No matter what stage your idea may be in, we want to hear from you. A class, a lecture, a field trip, a project? Nothing is too big or too small.
- Give us feedback. You may not have time to give, and you may not have an idea to implement, but you have an opinion. We want to hear it! It can be as simple as an email, a request for time to speak at a Committee meeting, or a phone call to a member. Your thoughts help to keep us on track and relevant.
Whatever your question, we want to hear from you: call Jason Lamoreau, Age-Friendly Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-666-5531.