Online Services

ATV & Snowmobile Registration

ATV and snowmobile registrations are valid from July 1st through June 30th of the following year.   ATV renewals submitted before May 1 will expire June 30th of the current year; renewals submitted after May 1 will expire June 30th of the following year.

What you will need:

  • Registered Owner information
  • Vehicle Information
  • Credit/debit card (MasterCard, Visa)

Boat Registration

This online service allows you to register your Boat (vessel) with the State of Maine. Following your transaction, you will receive a temporary registration form to print for immediate use. Your official registration and stickers will arrive at the shipping address specified within ten business days.

Boat registrations are valid from January 1 through December 31.

Fees vary depending on the length, model year, use, and horsepower of the boat (vessel) being registered. This service allows you to pay both state registration fees and municipal excise tax fees in one transaction. Before submitting payment, you will have the opportunity to review all fees. This service is provided by a third party working in partnership with the State of Maine. The total amount you pay includes funds to develop, maintain and enhance the State's official web portal,, and online services like this one.

Who can use this service?

The Boat Registration Renewal service is available to registrants who

  • have previously registered their boat
  • live in or primarily dock their boat in a municipality that participates in this online service
  • and are required to pay excise tax

Bowdoinham Water District Payment

The Bowdoinham Water District accepts payment online through this service or in person over-the-counter at 331 Front Street, Richmond or paymments can be dropped off at Bowdoinham Town Office.

Payments can be made through this service using a major credit/debit card (Mastercard, Visa, Discover or American Express).

Utility Payments (Please Read)

  • If there are any past due balances on the account you are paying, then the payment you make will be applied to the oldest amount of interest, fees and principal outstanding, in that order, in accordance with Maine State Law.
  • Please supply account and bill number identifiers in the Account Number and Payment Information fields so that your municipal office will easily be able to reconcile your payment.

Burn Permits

A burning permit is REQUIRED for any outdoor burning, the only exceptions are for outdoor grills and fireplaces used for recreational purposes such as cooking. 

Burn permits may be obtained in person at the Town Office during regular business hours.

Burn permits may be obtained online at:

The Maine Forest Service generates a daily wildfire danger report beginning in early spring and continuing until the first wide spread snow in the fall. This report is usually issued at 9:00am daily and is based on current as well as expected weather and wind conditions. This data combined with readings from a network of sensors throughout Maine allows them to categorize the day based on the National Fire Danger Rating System. This is a color coded system and what you commonly see on fire stations throughout Maine.

  • Green = low fire danger
  • Blue = moderate fire danger
  • Yellow = high fire danger 
  • Orange = very high fire danger
  • Red = extreme fire danger

Any day coded as a yellow or higher means no burning is allowed and permits will not be issued.  Since the fire danger changes from day to day permits are typically only issued for the actual day you are burning and you will find that neither website will allow a permit to be issued until the State has declared the fire class day. 

Dog Licenses

What you will need:

  • License/Tag number (Renewal only)

  • State of Maine Rabies certificate

  • Veterinarian's name and phone number

  • Spay or Neuter Certificate (if your dog has been "fixed")


$6.00 per year for spayed/neutered dogs

$11.00 per year for dogs not spayed/neutered

$25.00 late fee after January 31st of each year

All dogs 6 months and older must have a license.

Licenses can not be processed online after January 31st. If you are trying to purchase your dog's license for this year you need to go to your town office or city hall. If you are trying to license for the upcoming year, licenses will not be available until October 15th.

Hunting & Fishing Licenses

MOSES is the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife's online hunting & fishing licensing system. With MOSES, you can purchase licenses any time of the day or night, and print your license out in your home or office in just minutes. This service is provided by a third party working in partnership with the State of Maine. The total amount you pay includes funds to develop, maintain and enhance the State's official web portal,, and online services like this one.

What you will need:

  • Personal information on the individual you are purchasing the license for (such as, first name, last name, address, date of birth, etc.)

  • Previous hunting license number OR safety course number (if you are purchasing a hunting authority)

  • Credit card (Mastercard, Visa and Discover)

Hunting Licenses

Applicants for an adult hunting license must show proof of having previously held an adult license to hunt with firearms in any year beginning with 1976 or successful completion of an apprioved hunter safety course.  Residents must provide proof of residency. 

Fishing Licenses

Any resident of this state 16 years of age and older must purchase a license in order to fish in inland waters. Hunting and Fishing licenses can now be purchased online
Helpful Links:

Property Tax Payment

For current year tax bills we accept three online payment methods, if you can't make it into the office:

  1. E-Check/Checking Account - You will need to provide your account number and the bank's routing number to pay by this method. There will be a $1.00 processing fee assessed.
  2. Credit Cards - We currently accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover credit cards. There will be a 2.75% processing fee for each credit card transaction with a minimum charge of $1.95.
  3. Debit Cards - Tax payments qualify for a discounted flat rate of $3.95 when using a VISA consumer debit card. All other debit card transactions will be processed as credit.

For prior-year tax bills and properties in lien, payments must be cash or bank check and cannot be paid online.  Checks are accepted via mail, please do not mail cash.

*Please note that an accurate processing fee will not be reflected until all payment information is entered.

(The link below will direct you away from the Bowdoinham website to AndroGov Online Payments.  Please enter only the account number - without any letters and the current tax year - 2024)


Town Hall Streams - Recorded Meetings

Click on the link below to view all recorded Town Board and Committee Meetings.

Vehicle & Trailer Re-Registration

This online service makes it possible for you to renew your motor vehicle registration and to pay your local excise tax in one simple transaction.

At this time we only accept Electronic Checks for Rapid Renewal

What you will need:

  • Your current vehicle registration
  • Your insurance card
  • Your vehicle's current mileage